1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) The following sections inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data refers to all data that refer to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
JONAS Farben GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 2058/789-0
(see our imprint).
You can contact our Data Protection Officer under our postal address:
JONAS Farben GmbH
z. H. Datenschutzbeauftragten
Phone: +49 (0) 2058/789-0
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we save the data that you provide (your e-mail address, possibly your name and your phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We erase the data acquired in this way once storage is no longer necessary, or we limit the processing where statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our website, we shall inform you in detail about the respective processes. The same applies if we want to use your data for promotional purposes. In doing so, we will also inform you of the stipulated criteria regarding the storage period.
2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
– Right of access to information
– Right to obtain rectification or erasure
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data portability
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data.
(3) Please do not hesitate to contact us or our Data Protection Officer at the addresses given above or on our imprint page if you have any further questions or need more information on the issue of personal data.
3 Collection of personal data on visiting our website
(1) On making a purely informational visit to the website, i.e. without registering or providing us with any other information, we only collect the personal data sent by your browser to our server.
When you view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to show you our website and to warrant stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the enquiry
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transmitted in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are saved on your computer when using our site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and attributed to your browser. They transmit certain information to the website placing the cookie (in this case our company). Cookies cannot execute programs or infect your computer with viruses. Cookies serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called session-cookies. They are erased automatically when you leave our website.
Other cookies are saved on your device, until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser when you visit our website again.
You may, however, modify your browser settings for cookies in order to be informed on the setting of cookies. You can allow cookies only in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or as a rule or activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Declining cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
(3) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files that are saved on your computer to allow an analysis of your use of our website. The information generated in this way on your use of our website is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved on this server.
More information about how Google Analytics deals with user data is provided in the Google privacy statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
a) IP anonymisation
We use the "IP Anonymisation Activation" function on this website. However, this means that Google will first abbreviate your IP address in Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. By order of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on the website activities and provide the website operator with other services associated with the use of the website and the internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
b) Processing of order data
We have signed an agreement with Google for the processing of order data and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities regarding the use of Google Analytics.
c) Browser plugin
You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings of your browser; we should like to point out, however, that by doing so you might not be able to make full use of all the website functions. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:
Our website uses plugins of the YouTube website operated by Google. The operator of this website is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages containing a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. The YouTube server receives information about which of our pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, you allow YouTube to attribute your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. You can find more information about how user data is handled by reading YouTube's privacy statement:
5 Technical and organisational measures, SSL encryption
(1) We use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from loss, changes or unauthorised third-party access. We are constantly improving our security measures in line with technological development.
(2) This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as enquiries you send to us as site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption has been activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
(1) You can consent to subscribe to our newsletter which contains information on our products and the latest developments at our company.
(2) You can request further information on how to register for our newsletter via e-mail.
(3) The only information required for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. You can voluntarily enter further information that is separately marked as such and used so that we can address you personally. After receiving your confirmation, we save your e-mail address so that we can send you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the “deregister” link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
7 References to other websites, links
Our website contains references and links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content and privacy statements of these other websites.
8 Objecting to advertising mail
We hereby object to the use of our contact data published within the scope of the imprint obligation for sending advertising and information material that has not been expressly requested. The operators of these pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of advertising information being sent without request, for example in the form of spam mails.
Status: March 2021